Buy wine Juan Gil etiqueta amarilla 4 meses
Juan Gil 4 Meses is a young red wine produced by the Juan Gil winery in Jumilla. Is the smallest of the Juan Gil family, which also includes 8 Meses and 12 Meses. The Juan Gil winery is a historic winery in Jumilla, built in 1916 by Juan Gil Giménez. Currently the fourth generation run the winery.
|3||3%||Up to €0.53|
|6||5%||Up to €1.77|
During this time Juan Gil has positioned itself as a wine of international character, with a global reputation.
Juan Gil 4 Meses is a varietal red Monastrell, a typical variety of Jumilla. The grapes come from old vines over 40 years old, planted at an altitude of 700 metres above sea level on sandy, chalky, stony soil.
The soil is poor in nutrients, but with a great capacity to retain the little water it receives throughout the year.
The climate is extreme, very dry, with virtually no rainfall throughout the year. Extremely dry, hot summers and long, cold winters.
Temperature changes are contrasting, with differences reaching 25 ° C between day and night. The harvest is done manually. The grape is fermented in stainless steel tanks for 15 days at a controlled temperature of 25 ° C.
The malolactic fermentation occurs in deposits, before moving to barrels of French and American oak where it be aged for a period of four months.
- Bodegas Juan Gil
- Wine Region
- Jumilla (Murcia)
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Vineyards located around the winery, at a height of 700 meters northeast of Jumilla. Calcareous soils. Continental climate with extreme weather conditions. Rainfall does not exceed 300 mm per year.
- Wine Type
- 4 meses
- Intense cherry red with violet hues.
- A powerful wine. Much prominence of ripe fruit with memories of wood. Spices, dairy, roasted and balsamic notes.
- It is a very tasty and expressive wine. A good structure, very sweet. A great presence of fruit, stronger even than on the nose. Good acidity, marked and pleasant tannins. Good persistence with an aftertaste of ripe fruit.Ratings
- Food Pairing
- Rice Dishes / Roast Meats / Red Meats / Cooked Sausages / Pasta With Bolognese Sauce