This is a wonderful red wine from Jumilla prepared by the Bodega Juan Gil. Juan Gil 12 Meses Silver Label is a varietal wine made from the Monastrell variety, the variety which reigns in Jumilla. The grapes come from a single estate of old vines over forty years old planted on soils of limestone and stone, at an altitude of about 800 metres above sea level.
The vines grow on poor soils, with very low yield, but ideal for growing Monastrell. The climate to which they are exposed is dry and very extreme. There are long and very hot summers with plenty of sunshine and long, very cold winters. There is virtually no rain throughout the year, so that the soil is very dry and rocky.
The difference in temperature between day and night is very marked, up to 25 ° C. With all these factors, old vines, extreme weather, no rain, the production obtained is actually very low, but very concentrated and of high quality, with lots of character which is reflected in the grapes and the wine.
The preparation of Juan Gil 12 Meses Silver Label begins with the stripping of the grape, before maceration in stainless steel tanks where the fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 25 ° C for 20 to 25 days.
The malolactic fermentation and aging, which lasts for 12 months, takes place in French oak barrels.
Juan Gil 12 Meses Silver Label is a red wine from Jumilla with character. A pure expression of Monastrell, the queen variety in this area.
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Maceración y fermentación en depósitos de acero inoxidable durante 20 a 25 días aproximadamente a una temperatura de 25ºC. Fermentación malolactica y posterior permanencia en barricas de roble. Crianza de 12 meses en barricas de roble francés.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Viñedo situado a una altura de 700 metros sobre el nivel del mar. Superficie de 350 hectáreas. Cepas de 50 años. Suelo calizo y pedregoso, muy pobre en nutrientes. Clima continental con condiciones meteorológicas extremas.
- Wine Type
- 12 meses
- Bodegas Juan Gil
- Wine Region
- Jumilla (Murcia)
- Attractive cherry colour with purple trim, high layer.
- Ripe fruit is present. Black and red fruit with balsamic, toasted notes, raisins, dried herbs and some memories of cocoa. A spicy and very nice mineral background.
- On the palate the wine is full-bodied, smooth and powerful, albeit with a mild sweetness that makes it a balanced wine. Pleasant, lots of fruit and a wonderful acidity with hints of wood aging. Long finish.
- Food Pairing
- Red Meats / White Meats / Beefburgers / Roast Meats / Rice Dishes / Pasta with Bolognese Sauce / Cooked Sausages / Vegetables / Cured Cheeses
- Vino Ecológico
- Vino Vegano
- Se fabrica con clarificante que no tiene origen animal o que omiten estos procesos.