Montsant wines
Dido La Universal 2014

Dido La Universal 2017

Buy wine Dido La Universal 2014

Dido La Universal is an organic red wine made from Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah and Cabernet Sauvignon. It ages 40% of the time in concrete / clay tanks and 60% in French oak barrels for 9 months. Excellent wine from the DO Montsant that will surprise you by its great flavor.

Cantidad
€13.90 tax incl.

Rice, blue fish, roasted meat or stews
Nota de cata

Colour: Cherry color, garnet rim.

Bouquet: Aroma ripe fruit, spicy, oak creamy, toasted, with character, mineral, balsamic.

Palate: Mouth powerful, tasty, ripe tannins.

Dido La Universal is an ecological red wine from the Grenache variety made by the winery Venus La Universal in its 10 hectare vineyard located in the DO Montsant. The Garnacha grape (70%) was carefully mixed by the winemaker Sara Perez with small quantities of Syrah (15%), Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon (15%) to produce an excellent wine.

The vines grow in sandy soils of degraded granite, a granitic sand soil with a high quartz composition, which causes rapid changes in temperature depending on the climate. This soil warms rapidly with the sun's rays during the day and cools quickly as soon as it darkens, allowing the grape to ripen slowly and steadily that produces a great taste of the fruit.

The grapes were transferred to the basement of the cellar, cold applied and fermented in clay and concrete vats. In order to preserve the characteristics of the grapes exceptionally, 60% of the wine was aged for 16 months in barrels of different sizes from 300 to 4000 liters and small amphorae of clay, while the remaining 40% was aged in vats Of cement to emphasize the fruit.

It is recommended to decant the wine once opened and 30 minutes before serving.

New product
Type
Tinto
Region
Montsant
Grapes
Garnacha, Merlot, Syrah y Cabernet Sauvignon.
Producer
Bodegas Venus la Universal
Wine Region
Falset (Tarragona)
Wine Type
9 meses
Colour
Cherry color, garnet rim.
Bouquet
Aroma ripe fruit, spicy, oak creamy, toasted, with character, mineral, balsamic.
Palate
Mouth powerful, tasty, ripe tannins.
Food Pairing
Rice, blue fish, roasted meat or stews
Customers who bought this product also bought:
Product added to wishlist

We use our own and third-party cookies to improve our services and show you advertising related to your preferences by analyzing your browsing habits. By continuing with navigation we understand that our cookies policy is accepted. If you do not change the configuration of your browser, you accept its use. Know more