Buy wine Camins del Priorat 2015
Camins del Priorat is the youngest and freshest wine by Álvaro Palacios. The grape used to produce this wine come from eight different municipalities: Gratallops, Porrera and Bellmunt among others. The vineyards are grown on slate soils, terraces and deep slopes at 300-600m altitude.
|3||3%||Up to €1.88|
|6||5%||Up to €6.27|
Wine Camins del Priorat:
The must was fermented at controlled temperature in concrete vats, stainless steel and wooden deposits, and its malolactic fermentation took place in vats. It was aged for 8 months in new French oak barrels and wooden vats.
Camins del Priorat represents the genuineness of the D.O. Priorat.
- Wine region: Priorato (Spain)
- Producer: Álvaro Palacios
- Grapes: Garnacha, Cariñena, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah y Merlot.
- Ratings / Awards:
2010: Guía Peñín : 88 / Robert Parker : 88
2012: Guía Peñín : 92 / Robert Parker : 90
- Garnacha, Samso, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah and Merlot.
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Selective harvest according to different municipalities and plots. 100% destemmed and soft crushed. Alcoholic fermentation in cement, stainless and wood tubs. Maceration for 18-20 days and malolactic fermentation in vats. 7 months in barrels (100% French oak) and wooden tubs.Bottling: Clarified, not stabilized or filtered.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Vineyards from several municipalities: Gratallops, Porrera, Torroja, Les Vilelles, El Molar, Poboleda, etc. Steep slopes and terraces with different expositions, located between 350 and 600 meters of altitude. Strains aged between 10 and 40 years. Soils of slate (llicorella) of laminar structure, placed vertically and oblique. Mediterranean with great maritime influence.
- Wine Type
- 7 meses
- Bodegas Álvaro Palacios
- Wine Region
- Gratallops (Tarragona)
- 14,5 %
- Intense cherry color with violet tones. Clean and bright with abundant tear.
- Clean nose of high intensity where the fruity load that unleashes memories of red and black fruit matures kindly accompanied by toasted sweet and spicy aromas on an interesting mineral background.
- It is expressive and intense in the mouth. It has a powerful entry, greedy, a fresh step, good acidity and marked tannicity. Long finish with fruity, lactic, mineral, toasted and spicy notes. Very appetizing.
- Food Pairing
- White meats (duck, pork, turkey) in sauces, vegetables, meat pie, stewed mushrooms.