Buy wine Aalto
Aalto is produced from grapes grown from old vines planted in pots between 40 to 100 years old. This single variety Tinto Fino is produced by Quintanilla de Arriba (Valladolid). The grape is harvested manually, in 15 kg boxes, and it is transported quickly to the winery in order for it not to lose the freshness.
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: Picota red with a good, intense colour that tints the glass.
Nose: Powerful and intoxicating red and black ripe fruit aromas; vegetable notes and spicy tones.
Taste: Broad, powerful, mature but with a good acidity in all round. Fleshy and fine tannins. An extraordinary finish.
Bodegas Aalto has managed, despite its short history, to become one of the producers of reference in DO Ribera del Duero, achieving success at an international level from both critics and consumers.
This single variety Tinto Fino is produced by Quintanilla de Arriba (Valladolid). Aalto is produced from grapes grown from old vines planted in pots between 40 to 100 years old. The grape is harvested manually, in 15 kg boxes, and it is transported quickly to the winery in order for it not to lose the freshness.
In the winery, there is a selection of the bunches that are in the best condition, following the process and the aging in barrels for 20 months, 50% are new French oak barrels and 50% are 1 to 3 years in French oak and American oak barrels.
Aalto is a wine with a great storage capacity and a long evolution in the bottle for 15 to 20 years. It is recommended to decant it before enjoying.
- Wine region: Ribera del Duero (Spain)
- Producer: Aalto
- Grapes: Tempranillo
- Ratings / Awards:
2006: Guía Peñín : 91 / Robert Parker : 94
2007: Guía Peñín : 93 / Robert Parker : 95
2008: Guía Peñín : 92 / Robert Parker : 95
2009: Guía Peñín : 93 / Robert Parker : 91
2010: Robert Parker : 94
2011: Guía Peñín : 93 / Robert Parker : 91
- Ribera del Duero
- Bodegas Aalto
- Wine Region
- Quintanilla de Arriba (Valladolid)
- Wine Type
- 20 meses
- Color rojo picota intenso, bien cubierto.
- Nariz elegante con intensos aromas a fruta negra madura y complejos aromas procedentes de la madera, especias, regaliz, tostados...
- En la boca es amplio, graso con un tanino maduro, armónico y equilibrado. Se encuentra ahora en un buen momento para su consumo y seguirá mejorando durante varios años.
- Food Pairing
- Carnes rojas a la parrilla, quesos curados, embutidos, guisos de caza, lechazo.