Buy wine Roda I 2009
This wine is made of Tempranillo from more than 30 years old vines, fermented in wooden vats. It is aged for 16 months in French oak barrels, 50% of which are new and 50% of one wine. Once clarified with egg white, the wine rests for a minimum of 20 months in the bottle.
|3||3%||Up to €3.78|
|6||5%||Up to €12.60|
Wine Roda I:
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: Intense and dark cherry colour with purple edges. Bright wine with dense slow-falling tears.
Nose: The characteristic notes of ripe black fruit are felt on first nosing. After swirling the glass, elegant spicy notes appear slowly along with sweet
chocolate and balsamic aromas that freshen the wine. Its light mineral notes make this wine complex. Good background of wood.
Taste: Very good, intense and voluminous attack. The wine gradually coats the mouth with immense pleasant sensations. It has a tasty, smooth and fresh mid palate. The notes of fruit, chocolate, liquorice and wood are very well balanced and integrated. Elegant and round tannins and a very long and very persistent finish. A wine that is a pleasure for all the senses!
New vintage of this excellent wine from La Rioja with character and with an unique personality.
It is the result of a thorough job which starts in the vineyards and continues in the cellar with a careful winemaking. This wine is made of Tempranillo from vines aged of more than 30 years, fermented in wooden vats. It is aged for 16 months in French oak barrels, 50% of which are new and 50% of one wine. Once clarified with egg white, the wine rests for a minimum of 20 months in the bottle.
It is recommended to decant it at least 2 hours before it is served.
- Wine region: Rioja (Spain)
- Producer: Roda
- Grapes: Tempranillo
- Ratings / Awards:
2006: Guía Peñín : 95
2007: Guía Peñín : 94 / Robert Parker : 92
2008: Guía Peñín : 94
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- The harvest is done by our own staff and collected in 18 kg boxes. The alcoholic fermentation takes place in oak vats at a controlled temperature. Aged in French oak barrels. 50% new and 50% one wine. 16 months in the barrel and 20 months in bottle. Natural stabilization methods and clarification with egg white.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Head-prune system vineyards located along the Ebro River. Sustainable agriculture More than 30 years old vineyards. Yield: until 5000 kg / ha.
- Wine Type
- 16 meses
- Tim Atkim
- Bodegas Roda
- Wine Region
- Haro (La Rioja)
- 14,5 %
- Medium-high intensity. Cherry color with red edges.
- Red and black fruit, including cherry and plum. Sweet spices like cloves and cinnamon Good background of wood. Elegant spicy notes appear slowly along with sweet chocolate and balsamic aromas that freshen the wine.
- Good volume, fresh and nuanced. It has a tasty, smooth and fresh mid palate. Elegant and round tannins and a very long and persistent finish.Fresh, spicy and elegant.