Buy wine Torre de Oña Reserva
Torre de Oña is the result of a throrough selection process from the 65 hectares of vineyards in the estate, located in the Rioja Alavesa, where thhe vegetative cycle and the ripening of the grape develop slowly, allowing a slow and selective harvest, with the grapes in perfect health and a good balance.
|3||3%||Up to €1.43|
|6||5%||Up to €4.77|
Wine Torre de Oña Reserva:
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: Pretty picota cherry colour, high robe, clean and bright. A fine and elegant tear.
Nose: A high intensity, expressive and aromatic nose. An almost perfect balance between the ripe red and brilliant fruity notes, and the aromas brought by its passage through barrels: elegant toasted nuances, fine spices and light animal touches.
Taste: Warm on the palate. Intense and deep, with a large personality. A perfect blend of ripe fruits balanced with woods. It has fine, well-structured velvety tannins, soft bitterness, and good acidity. Long, persistent and pleasant finish.
Torre de Oña is the result of a throrough selection process from the 65 hectares of vineyards in the estate, located in the Rioja Alavesa, where thhe vegetative cycle and the ripening of the grape develop slowly, allowing a slow and selective harvest, with the grapes in perfect health and a good balance between acidity, sugar concentration and polyphenols, ideal characteristics for a wine of the highest aromatic and gustative expression. Torre de Oña Reserva ages for 20 months in a monitored room with a constant temperature and a high humidity, in a selection of barrels of different origins, French oak from the forests in Alier and Troncais and Caucasian and American oak. Lastly, the wine is racked to stabilize it and get the best blend.
- Wine region: Rioja (Spain)
- Producer: Torre de Oña
- Grapes: Tempranillo y Mazuelo
- Ratings / Awards:
2007: Robert Parker : 87
2008: Guía Peñín : 91
2009: Robert Parker : 91
2010: Guía Peñín : 92
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Recolecta en cajas de 20 kilogramos. Las uvas permanecieron en plataformas refrigeradas hasta alcanzar los 4ºC. Tras su despalillado y estrujado, se encubaron durante 5 días a una temperatura inferior a 10ºC realizando una maceración durante 78 días en barrica de roble francés y americano nuevo, con "battonage" semanal. El resto del vino se realizó en depósitos de acero inoxidable con movimientos quincenales. Crianza de 20 meses en barricas de roble francés nuevo (40%), francés de dos vinos (35%) y del Cáucaso (25%).
- Tempranillo y Mazuelo
- Bodegas Torre de Oña
- Wine Region
- Laguardia ( Alava )
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Altos de Vallecilla, Calvo, Martelo y Berzal. Superficie de 65 hectáreas. Suelos arcillo-calcáreos.
- Wine Type
- 18 meses
- Color rojo picota, con borde granate, capa media alta, limpio y brillante.
- Intenso en nariz, muy afrutado, con aromas de frutas de sotobosque, moras, frambuesas y arándanos, además de notas tostadas.
- Equilibrado y presenta una agradable acidez, con taninos firmes y pulidos que otorgan una estructura y reafirman su equilibrio.
- Food Pairing
- Un vino que acompaña cualquier tipo de guisos y estofados: carrilleras, carnes con salsas especiadas, quesos semicurados, etc.
- James Suckling
- Tim Atkim
Winery Torre de Oña
Torre de Ona, winery belonging to the group since 1995 La Rioja Alta SA, is located in the town of Páganos, near Laguardia, one of the most privileged places in the Rioja Alavesa. The vineyards, located at 630 meters (almost an altitude limit for growing grapes in this geographical area) are guarded by the Sierra de Cantabria, which exerts a protective barrier stopping the wind and cold from the north.
The vineyards owned by Torre de Ona fall into three main areas, according to the characteristics of the soil in each. All of them are located adjoining each other between the towns of Páganos and Laguardia, with a total area of almost 54 hectares.
In the first zone, consisting of a soft hillside erosion of 30 hectares of low organic matter content and poor quality land, include Tempranillo and Mazuelo varieties. In the second, almost 15 acres, include the silty fine-textured soils, high carbonate content and the predominant variety Tempranillo. Finally, the smallest extension of 9 hectares, is dedicated exclusively to developing its wine aging Finca San Martin, and is also planted with Tempranillo.
The winery is located in a small beautiful comprising the winery, the manor house and a little more secluded, the shrine of Santiago architectural ensemble.
The winery has cared facilities with Julio Sáenz such enological forward responsibly. They emphasize the experimental ship, where the winemaker himself develops different trials and tests, analyzes the behavior of different types of wine in oak, different coupages, etc.