Buy wine San Román
San Román is a varietal wine made of Tinta de Toro from vines aged of 45 years from different estates, under the D.O. Toro. The vines are planted at about 750 metres on the sea level. Grapes go through a separate winemaking according to the vineyard where they were grown. The wine is aged for 24 months in new and used French (70%) and American (30%) oak barrels.
|3||3%||Up to €2.50|
|6||5%||Up to €8.32|
Wine San Román:
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: Beautiful dark cherry colour with violet reflections. Clean and bright, high robe wine with beautiful thick and dense slow-falling tears.
Nose: It is a red wine with expressive and intense nasal aromas in which the notes of ripe red fruit are noticed at the beginning. As it opens up, some notes of blue and violet flowers are noticed and the notes of fruit are gradually turned into black fruit aromas. A wide range of spicy and toasted aromas are also noticed. Some mineral notes are noticed in the background which gradually gain in intensity. A rich nose, plenty of nuances.
Taste: In the mouth, this red wine shows a powerful attack and becomes increasingly polished in the mid palate. It has a high load of juicy and fleshy notes of fruit, a very integrated and crispy acidity and a ripe and succulent tannic sensation. Very long and persistent finish. An enjoyable wine.
- Wine region: Toro (Spain)
- Producer: Maurodos
- Grapes: Tempranillo
- Ratings / Awards:
2005: Guía Peñín : 92
2006: Guía Peñín : 91 / Robert Parker : 93
2007: Guía Peñín : 92 / Robert Parker : 93
2008: Guía Peñín : 93
2009: Guía Peñín : 94 / Robert Parker : 96
2010: Guía Peñín : 95
- Tinta de Toro
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- San Román de Hornija-Villaester. Viñedos de 1977, con suelos pedregosos, areno-arcilloso.El clima es continental extremo, mínimos niveles de pluviometría, abundantes horas de sol y fuertes contrastes térmicos entre el día y la noche.
- Wine Type
- 24 meses
- Bodegas Maurodos
- Wine Region
- 14,5 %
- Color cereza y ribete granate.
- Concentrado y mineral en nariz, ofrece una increíble profundidad aromática con notas de regaliz, chocolate, frutos negros y finas notas de tueste.
- Sólido y potente en boca, con enorme materia, fruta fresca y vibrantes taninos.
- Food Pairing
- Carnes rojas a la parilla, quesos de pasta dura o guisos con rabo de toro.
- Vino Ecológico