Buy wine Solanera 2013
Solanera is a red wine made by Bodega Castaño in the DO Yecla. It's a blend of Monastrell (70%), Cabernet Sauvignon (15%) and Garnacha Tintorera (15%).
|3||3%||Up to €0.95|
|6||5%||Up to €3.15|
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: A deep, dark, bright red colour.
Nose: Aromas of acacia flower, raspberries, blueberries and redcurrents.
Taste: In the mouth this wine is succulent and juicy with very delicate, sweet and enjoyable tannins.
Solanera is a red wine made by Bodega Castaño in the DO Yecla.
It's a blend of Monastrell (70%), Cabernet Sauvignon (15%) and Garnacha Tintorera (15%).
The grapes come from vineyards with 44-year-old Monastrell and Garnacha Tintorera vines and 19-year-old Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
These vineyards are planted at an altitude of 750 metres, in chalky soil rich in pebbles, with some sandy and clayey parts.
The fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 26-28ºC.
Solanera ages for 10 months in 80% French and 20% American oak.
A great wine from Yecla with 94 Parker points, all for under €12.
- Wine region: Yecla (Spain)
- Producer: Castaño
- Grapes: Monastrell, Cabernet Sauvignon y Garnacha Tintorera
- Ratings / Awards:
2012: Robert Parker : 94
- Monastrell, Cabernet Sauvignon and Garnacha Tintorera
- Bodegas Castaño
- Wine Region
- Yecla (Murcia)
- Wine Type
- 10 meses
- Dark and deep shining red.
- Blossom of acacia, raspberry, blueberry and redcurrant aromas with notes of graphite.
- In the mouth it is succulent and juicy, with sweet and pleasant tannins. Pure with a nice texture, it maintains a good structure during all the gustatory phase.
- Food Pairing
- Salads, meat over rice, roasted lamb, grilled red meats, roasts, small game, beef.