Estate Old Syrah
Finca Antigua Syrah from two parcels, La Alfalfa and La Cantera, of twelve and thirteen hectares respectively, the wine stands out for its aromatic intensity of violets and liquorice, with hints of minerals and ripe red fruit.
Finca Antigua Syrah is a red wine from the D.O. La Mancha produced by the Finca Antigua winery. This winery belongs to the Martínez Bujanda Family group.
Finca Antigua Syrah is a Syrah monovarietal. The grapes come from vines from an impressive 1000ha estate, located in the municipality of Los Hinojosos (Cuenca).
These vineyards are cultivated at 900m altitude on loamy soil with a high calcium carbonate content.
The grapes are harvested the third week of September.
For its elaboration, a traditional vinification is carried out.
Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature. Subsequently, the wine macerates for 17 days.
Finally, Finca Antigua Syrah is aged in French oak barrels for 10 months.
- La Mancha
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Fermentation in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature. Maceration for 17 days. Aged for 10 months in French oak barrels.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Made of the grapes from two plots, 'La Alfalfa' and 'La Cantera', twelve and thirteen hectares respectively, this wine stands out for its aromatic intensity of violets and licorice, with mineral and ripe red fruits nuances.
- Wine Type
- 10 meses
- Bodegas Finca Antigua
- Wine Region
- Los Hinojosos (Cuenca)
- Deep purple color. Clean with bright sparkles.
- Notes of blue flowers such as violets, lilacs, and licorice notes. The wood, which shows notes of clove, cedar and spices, is perfectly integrated . Very complex and elegant proper of this variety.
- Creamy in the mouth thanks to polished tannins together with the French wood tannin. Good acidity and nice aftertaste.
- Food Pairing
- Perfect for grilled meats, paella and medium and high-quality cheeses. Suitable for fish like bonito.
Vino Finca Antigua