Buy Protos Crianza wine
The perfect emblem of Protos and one of its best-selling wines. This Crianza is a faithful reflection of the Ribera del Duero terroir, whose quality is endorsed, vintage after vintage, by the numerous awards it has won in various international competitions. With an intensely aromatic nose, it stands out for its powerful, enveloping, tasty mouthfeel and ripe tannins.
It marks the beginning of a new way of making the winery's wines
With a renewed image, this new vintage is the starting signal for a new stage in the winery's wines.
Protos began working in 2017 with the renowned and accredited oenologist Pascal Chatonnet, advisor to high-quality wineries in France, Spain and many other countries, who together with the Technical Director of Protos, Marilena Bonilla, has marked a series of guidelines aimed at changes in traditional winemaking, mainly focused on improving the palate, trying to achieve rounder and more balanced wines, with less tannic content.
In addition, in 2017 the first elaboration was also carried out at the Protos Center for High Technology of elaboration located in Anguix, Burgos.
- Ribera del Duero
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Elaborado con uva 100% Tinta del País (Tempranillo). Crianza 14 meses en barrica de roble americano (2/3) y francés (1/3), y otros 12 en su propia botella.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- Viñedos con menos de 25 años.
- Wine Type
- 14 meses
- Bodegas Protos
- Wine Region
- Peñafiel (Valladolid)
- 14,5 %
- Color picota con ribete granate.
- Fruta madura, especias, tostados de roble.
- En boca, es amplio con taninos uniformes y muy finos. Su postgusto largo y agradable nos deja un ligero matiz tostado muy sutil.
- Food Pairing
- Cordero asado, carnes rojas a la parrilla, caza de pelo, quesos curados.