Buy wine Borsao Selección
Borsao Selección (D.O. Campo de Borja) is a young red wine made of a blend of Grenache, Syrah and Tempranillo from vineyards aged of 15-30 years grown in clayey-calcareous muddy and stony soils. It is made and aged in stainless steel vats under a strict temperature control.
Wine Borsao Selección:
- Wine Tasting Notes:
Colour: Intense dark cherry colour with violet reflections. Clean and bright.
Nose: Medium-high intensity nasal aromas, in which the notes of red fruit are dominant. Its notes of ripe fruit with a touch of liquor and the hints of cherries give way to notes of spices, white pepper, balsamic nuances and hints of undergrowth.
Taste: In the palate, this Spanish wine is honest, direct and easy-drinking. It is fleshy and juicy and has a good load of fruit which coats the palate. It has a great acidity and a very nice finish of light bitter notes with a good persistence. Excellent value (and pleasure) for money.
- Wine region: Campo de Borja (Spain)
- Producer: Borsao
- Grapes: Garnacha, Tempranillo y Syrah
- Ratings / Awards:
2011: Guía Peñín : 91 / Robert Parker : 90
2013: Guía Peñín : 86
- Campo de Borja
- Garnacha, Syrah y Tempranillo
- Bodegas Borsao
- Wine Region
- Borja (Zaragoza)
- Color rubí intenso con reflejos violáceos. Limpio y brillante.
- Nariz de intensidad media elevada en la que destaca la fruta roja. Fruta madura, licorosa, con recuerdos de cerezas en licor que deja paso a notas especiadas, pimienta blanca, notas balsámicas y recuerdos de monte bajo.
- En boca resulta un vino tinto honesto, de trago fácil y directo. Es carnoso y jugoso, con un buen peso de fruta que envuelve el paladar tras de sí. Tiene una fantástica acidez y un final con ligeras notas amargas, muy agradable y de correcta persistencia.
- Food Pairing
- Ideal para acompañar guisos y estofados de carne, legumbres, arroces, setas, embutidos, morros y manos de cerdo, asados variados, quesos de corta y media curación, carnes blancas y rojas en salsa, parrilla o plancha...
Adventurous and entrepreneurial spirit is the standard of Bodegas Borsao, and perhaps for this reason and for its Roman and Celtic reminiscences, adopts as stamp celtíbero rider armed with a spear, riding Bursao, ancient city of Borja.
Bodegas Borsao has a rich history from its beginnings as a cooperative in 1958 to the present, the result of the combination of three of the most important cooperatives had on young appellation Campo de Borja in 2001.
Varieties and Flavours
Bodegas Borsao covers 2,430 acres of about 620 growers northwest of the province of Zaragoza, of which, 71% Garnacha is the prevailing choice for excellence in the area.
The characteristic microclimates (due to the omnipresence of the Moncayo Massif) and soils of the area, enrich the nuances of the wine heritage of garnachas of this land and allows Campo de Borja be known as "The Empire of Garnacha ".
Development and Aging
The winemaking Winery Borsao begins in the vineyard itself with an adequate harvest calendar based on the optimum ripeness of the different varieties.
Five hundred thousand BTUs are responsible for controlling the fermentation temperature of our musts so that during the process not the characteristics of the grape origin is lost.
Strict and rigorous controls during maceration of the must transform these fine wines.
The crianza and reserva wines are formed in the 1200 Bordeaux barrels of American and French oak. Next, these wines mature with their stay in the bottle for 16 months in the case of breeding or twenty months for the reservation.