Finca San Martin Crianza
Finca San Martín is a wine made with Tempranillo grapes from the vineyard that gives it its name, located in the heart of Rioja Alavesa. A Crianza that expresses freshness, liveliness and a lot of fruit character. A good companion for a large number of gastronomic experiences from a harvest of magnificent quality.
100% Tempranillo from the San Martín I and San Martín II plots in our Torre de Oña winery in Páganos (Álava). After the selection in the vineyard, picking only those clusters with the best state of maturation, the grapes were transferred in small boxes to the winery. The production method has been the traditional Bordeaux de-stemming, gently crushing and subsequent vatting in tanks. After alcoholic fermentation, the wines underwent malolactic fermentation naturally for three months with weekly stirring of the lees to give the wine greater unctuousness. Aging began in January 2017 in new American oak barrels (60%) and two-wine French oak barrels (40%) for 16 months.
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Vendimia manual y traslado a bodega en cajas. Fermentación alcohólica y maloláctica en depósitos. Crianza en barricas de roble americano nuevo (60%) y de roble francés de dos vinos (40%) durante 16 meses, con tres trasiegas.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- 100% Tempranillo de las parcelas San Martin I y II, que rodean la bodega en Páganos-Laguardia (Álava)
- Wine Type
- 16 meses
- James Suckling
- Bodegas Torre de Oña
- Wine Region
- Laguardia (Álava)
- 14,5 %
- Capa media, rojo cereza picota, con ligeros ribetes violáceos en el borde propios de su juventud.
- En nariz se presenta fresco, vivaz, con destacadas notas frutos negros de sotobosque que envuelven suaves matices de vainilla, cedro y regaliz.
- En boca es estructurado, equilibrado, con los taninos marcados que redondean un paso fino y agradable. Finca San Martín constituye un compañero leal para cualquier viaje gastronómico.
- Food Pairing
- Un vino que acompaña cualquier tipo de guisos y estofados: carrilleras, carnes con salsas especiadas, quesos semicurados, etc.
Winery Torre de Oña
Torre de Ona, winery belonging to the group since 1995 La Rioja Alta SA, is located in the town of Páganos, near Laguardia, one of the most privileged places in the Rioja Alavesa. The vineyards, located at 630 meters (almost an altitude limit for growing grapes in this geographical area) are guarded by the Sierra de Cantabria, which exerts a protective barrier stopping the wind and cold from the north.
The vineyards owned by Torre de Ona fall into three main areas, according to the characteristics of the soil in each. All of them are located adjoining each other between the towns of Páganos and Laguardia, with a total area of almost 54 hectares.
In the first zone, consisting of a soft hillside erosion of 30 hectares of low organic matter content and poor quality land, include Tempranillo and Mazuelo varieties. In the second, almost 15 acres, include the silty fine-textured soils, high carbonate content and the predominant variety Tempranillo. Finally, the smallest extension of 9 hectares, is dedicated exclusively to developing its wine aging Finca San Martin, and is also planted with Tempranillo.
The winery is located in a small beautiful comprising the winery, the manor house and a little more secluded, the shrine of Santiago architectural ensemble.
The winery has cared facilities with Julio Sáenz such enological forward responsibly. They emphasize the experimental ship, where the winemaker himself develops different trials and tests, analyzes the behavior of different types of wine in oak, different coupages, etc.
Brandy Torres 10
Bosque de Matasnos Edición Limitada 2018
Enate Reserva 2015
- Online only
Carmelo Rodero Crianza 2020
- Online only