Buy wine Finca Antigua Petit Verdot
The grapes come from the El Granero plot (20 hectares) and we are facing a clean and bright wine, with fruity aromas and vegetable notes, typical of this variety that requires a lot of field work to reach full maturity.
A year of vertigo. After an extremely dry autumn and winter, the rains reached the end of it and continued copiously during the spring until reaching a sufficient amount, and much expected after 5 consecutive years of severe drought. An unbeatable summer, it made us foresee a “book” year of 2018, from which we expected a “mythical vintage”. But finally, this great vintage will remain only in the qualitative part since unfortunately we were affected by a strong and unusual hailstorm that reduced production. But being positive, this will result in wines of excellent concentration and character.
- La Mancha
- Petit Verdot
- Wine Making (Spanish)
- Fermentation in stainless steel tanks with temperature control. Maceration for 24 days. Aged for 9 months in French oak barrels.
- Vineyard (Spanish)
- The grapes come from the plot 'El Granero' (20 hectares). This is a clean and bright wine, with fruity aromas and vegetable notes, typical of this variety. It requires a lot of field work to reach full maturity.
- Wine Type
- 9 meses
- Bodegas Finca Antigua
- Wine Region
- Los Hinojosos (Cuenca)
- Impeccable cleanness and brightness, high intensity and purple color. Deep and opaque.
- Varietal aromas (lilac, blackberries and coriander) and undergrowth (pine bark and litter), very complex as far as aromas are concerned. The aging in barrel gives it slight milk notes, cigars and fine cabinetmaking. Elegant and suggestive.
- Structured but with very fine tannin and more polished, oily and very soft. Very elegant.
- Food Pairing
- Sheep and goat cured cheeses. Lamb. Interesting pairing with grilled duck breast.
Vino Finca Antigua